Thursday, May 26, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Thursday, May 19, 2011
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until well mixed. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and half of the sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently; remove from heat. Stir in remaining condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. For white chocolate drizzle, place baking chips and oil in small resealable freezer plastic bag. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds, turning bag over after 25 seconds. Squeeze bag until chips are melted and smooth. Cut small tip off one corner of bag, and drizzle over bars. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
On Saturday, May 14 Feeding America is asking everyone to help "Stamp Out Hunger" with the largest one-day food drive in the nation and can help feed millions of families in all 50 states!
Did you know that 1 out of every 6 Americans struggle with hunger? Want any easy way you can help? This is a perfect opportunity to go through your cupboards and donate as many non-perishable food items as you can to support this wonderful cause.
Just place the items into a bag and set them out by your mailbox prior to your regular mail delivery for tomorrow, May 14. Your letter carrier will pick them up & every item will be donated to your local food bank or shelter to help Stamp Out Hunger!