My resolution for 2012 is cook more at home!
I decided to try some homemade fruit leather treats! Perfect for snacking, lunches or hostess gifts!
What you'll need:
1 25-ounce jar of applesauce
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
Note: If you prefer a sweeter version, add a couple teaspoons of vanilla, brown sugar, honey or maple syrup.
1. Preheat oven to 170°F
2. Puree ingredients in a food processor until nice & smooth
3. Line an 11"x17" lipped cookie sheet with greased parchment paper or silicone baking mat
4. Spread the puree until it's about 1/4" thick. Tilt the pan back & forth until it's evenly distributed.
5. Bake in in the oven for 5-8 hours. Rotate the pan halfway during baking to ensure even drying. It's ready when it's smooth & non-tacky.
6. Let it cool, then cut in strips with a pizza cutter or scissors.
7. Store in an airtight container or zipper storage bag.