Old Spanish Days! Aside from all the delicious food, the next best treat are the confetti eggs (aka Cascarones). They are egg shells filled with confetti that you crack over someone's head and shower them with the confetti inside.
- Uncooked Eggs
- Tissue paper
- Egg dying kit
- Pens, crayons, glitter, spray paint, etc...
2. Empty out the contents of the egg.
3. Wash the inside of the shell with water. Let dry.
4. Dye the eggs per egg dying kit instructions.
5. Set them to dry again with the hole facing down. I used stick pins on egg cartons to allow the dye to drip off.
7. Apply glue around the top perimeter of the egg.
8. Secure a square of tissue paper on top.
9. For an extra touch paint designs or add glitter for some sparkle.
10. Let the smashing begin :)