Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From Bib to Wall Art - Preserving Memories

When our daughter was born, we were given a sweet little monkey pajama & bib set. I adored it so much, I bought it in every size. I was crushed when she finally outgrew the last piece.

But... I held onto the bib, hoping one day I could create something with it to remember those first wonderful months.

Then one day it hit me. I grabbed a blank canvas and painted my own rendition of the bib (adorned with a sweet felt flower embellishment).

I love how it turned out!
She now has a fun new piece of art in her room and I preserved a special memory close to my heart.

5 comments:

  1. That is true creativity! A perfect rendition, and look how darling your daughter is -- looking so proud to be displaying the new art for her room! Thank you so much for sharing this project on the Boardwalk Bragfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind posting a link to the Boardwalk Bragfest on your post? Just noticed that you don't have one (unless I've missed it). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is cool. So meaningful, and look how much she loves it.
    She is ADORABLE. thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" hope to see you there again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this cuteness at New Nostalgia "Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays" today:)

    ReplyDelete