Monday, June 21, 2010

Kids Butterfly Punch Art

Right now I'm lovin' my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. It's been put to use A LOT lately and now my daughter is hooked.
She recently asked to create a new piece of art for her room.

So we grabbed an extra frame we had laying around and carefully discarded the glass.

Using some wrapping paper, we wrapped a piece of foam core.

Now it's time to get punching...

We grabbed some scrapbook paper & I let her punch away...

Next we glued down the butterflies onto the wrapping paper (bending the wings to give them some dimension)...

My tired little assistant.

Tah-dah! Not too shabby for a 3 year old!
The whole project took us about 30 minutes and the little one loves it! She's so proud of her new piece of art and I loved the fun time we had creating it together!


The Girl CreativeMaking
 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

4 comments:

  1. How cool to have such a dynamic piece of ar that your 3 year old was capable of making. So sophisticated and ads so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and clever and adorable. And the artwork looks great, too! I'm sure she's as proud of her project as you are of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love that art! We just had a butterfly birthday for our youngest, and I rediscovered my love for butterflies!!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete