Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Magic Reindeer Food

If you're planning on having a children's holiday party or sending treats to their school, Reindeer Food is guaranteed to be a big hit with the little ones! It's great to get them involved with making it and start a new holiday tradition.

On Christmas Eve, sprinkle this magic reindeer food on your lawn. The sparkle of the glitter in the moonlight & the smell of the oats will guide Rudolph to your house!

Want to create some too? Feel free too download my label HERE.

What you'll need:
Dry oatmeal
Glitter*
Cellophane treat bags
Labels

*Another option is to use colored sugar. It will still give the sparkly appearance, without being harmful to actual animals who may end up eating it.

Sprinkle it on the lawn, driveway, or apartment patio to entice the reindeer and give them something to munch on while Santa delivers his sleigh of goodies.

Reindeer Food is perfect for those (young & old) who love the magical Christmas season!

Happy Holidays!

I'm linking to these fabulous parties!

15 comments:

  1. We've done this before....but it wasn't packaged up this nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. I have been doing this for my 8yr old since he could walk and with our recent move well I kinda misplaced my card with the saying on it. THANK YOU!!! You have also inspired me. I just finished making 18 reindeer pins for the Chazman to give to his classmates. I think a bag of reindeer food to go with them would make it more extra special.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea, I have never heard of this before. I might make this for my daughters best friends and not the whole class since some of the kids in her class does not celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a new follower from today's blog hop. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Come check out my new blog hop Thrifty Thursdays.
    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Im your 400th follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Chrisrmas and Happy New Year 2011.

    Best Wishes and Happiness.

    follow you from blog hop.

    Nan.
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/2010/12/follow-me-monday-dec-202010.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that? Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :) Hope you stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We make this every year with our preschoolers. We have to make sure and tell them that the reindeer may not eat the oats, but that they smell them. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope all will not use the glitter as it would be harmful to birds and animals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added this project and thumbnail to our site and linked to you. We are looking for more Christmas project as well as other projects, so if you have any similar projects please feel free to let me know.
    Julia
    jlitz@primecp.com
    Editor, www.AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I've got to do this with Serenity! I pinned it and shared on my FB fan page!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so easy and original! congrats for the site I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cute but this is costly, very expensive to just place on the lawn..who really has that money to just throw away?? Plus the glitter is not a good ideal for our wild life!

    ReplyDelete