Sunday, March 6, 2011

Felt Princess Tiara Tutorial

The birthday party planning is in full swing for my lil gal (I can't believe another year has flown by. I just want to keep her tiny for a few more years)! She's requested a princess party... so bring on the pink, glitter & tons of tulle!

I didn't want to buy plastic store bought tiara's for each of the girls, so we made a felt version. Want to make one for your princess? You'll just need:
glue gun
felt squares
headband
scissors
rhinestone crystals

Here we go...

First I made a template (freehand) for each piece

Using the templates, cut out tiara pieces

Wrap your large felt piece around the headband. Run the glue along the center of the headband and press to hold the felt down. Next match up the two ends of the tiara and add glue to hold it in place. Glue down the rest of the tiara and cut off excess.

Glue down the smaller piece of your crown and add rhinestone crystals

She couldn't wait to try on the first finished tiara!

I love how each guest will get her very own & original tiara!


Next project... fairy dust! Details to come soon!