Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Viva La Fiesta!

Every year our wonderful little town has a huge five day Fiesta celebration called Old Spanish Days! Aside from all the delicious food, the next best treat are the confetti eggs (aka Cascarones). They are egg shells filled with confetti that you crack over someone's head & shower them with the confetti inside.

Whip some up with the kids!
You'll all enjoy running around smashing them on one another!


What you'll need:
  • Eggs
  • Confetti
  • Tissue paper
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Pens, crayons, glitter, spray paint, food coloring, etc...
1. Tap a small piece of the top of the egg off.
2. Shake out the contents of the egg.
3. Wash the inside of the shell with water.
4. Turn the shell upside down to dry.
5. Once the eggs are dry, color the outside of the eggs.
6. Fill the eggs with the confetti.
7. Apply glue around the top perimeter of the egg.
8. Secure a square of tissue paper on top.
9. Let the smashing begin :)

Be warned! Confetti will be everywhere... For days.


Viva La Fiesta!


10 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Fiesta is such a fun time for the whole family.. In San Antonio we have Fiesta in mid-April, 10 days of food and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea! I love it! I am visiting from Dragonfly Designs and I am your newest follower!! I hope you have a great day and I see you around soon!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN!!!! I am definitely keeping this idea. If you get a chance I would love you to link your confetti eggs up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I've wanted to try these. You make them look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant fiesta fun! Thanks for showing us how to make these cute confetti eggs!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot about these! I remember making these as a kid! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell!

    Ashley
    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow my girls would love this. Thanks for the great idea. New follower from the creative hop. Hope you could come by my blog and follow. tootsabellarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family does this, too. So fun. :) Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there. {I’m a new follower, too.} Cute blog!

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Btw, please feel free to join my Market Your Biz and Giveaways also :)

    ReplyDelete