Every year our wonderful little town has a huge five day Fiesta celebration called Old Spanish Days! Aside from all the delicious food, the next best treat are the confetti eggs (aka Cascarones). They are egg shells filled with confetti that you crack over someone's head & shower them with the confetti inside.
What you'll need:
- Tissue paper
- Pens, crayons, glitter, spray paint, food coloring, etc...
2. Shake out the contents of the egg.
3. Wash the inside of the shell with water.
4. Turn the shell upside down to dry.
5. Once the eggs are dry, color the outside of the eggs.
6. Fill the eggs with the confetti.
7. Apply glue around the top perimeter of the egg.
8. Secure a square of tissue paper on top.
9. Let the smashing begin :)