Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Instagram Magnets

I'm slightly obsessed with Instagram and wanted to share my favorite photos in another place besides the Twitter universe. So with craft supplies I had on hand, I created some little morsels of cuteness... Magnets!

What you'll need:
Wood squares
Elmers glue
3D crystal lacquer
Magnets
All purpose adhesive
Paint

Grab your favorite photos and resize the images to fit the wood squares (I used photoshop). Because Instagram photos are fairly low res, shrinking them works out well. Next print & cut them out.

Paint the wood squares & allow to dry. Using the elmers glue, spread a small amount all over one side of the square & attach the photo. Let dry.

Next apply a liberal amount of 3D crystal lacquer all over the photo. I let mine dry overnight & then applied a second coat. Attach a magnet to finish them off. 

 All done! The perfect addition to our fridge.

With the holidays around the corner, 
I think these would make adorable little gifts!

Pin It




17 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable idea!! I totally want to give this a try! (Found you through What I Learned Wednesday @ We Like to Learn as We go)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read somewhere about sending off your Instagram pics to have these made for you, but it's much nicer to make your own.

    These would definitely make good little gifts!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! Following via the blog hop! :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thanks for sharing this creative idea with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these magnets turned out so cute! You did such a great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! I will be trying this! Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these! I have never tried instagram, I will have to look into it Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Sorry I'm a bit slow getting here xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project and a perfect stocking stuffer. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea! I just got started with Instagram. Love the magnets & I hope you'll share them at my linky party Gettin' Krafty With It:
    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/search/label/Gettin%27%20Krafty%20With%20It

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute photo magnets. Thank you for linking it up at our linky party at http://www.fineCraftGuild.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right, they would make AWESOME gifts!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Yes - perfect for gifts!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! I'm a new follower and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So creative and cute. Thanks so much for sharing
    at my linky party!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing your project at Etcetorize last week! I love it so much that I'll be featuring it at tomorrow's party. I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button from the sidebar and link up again~

    ReplyDelete