Monday, June 3, 2013

Felt Princess Tiara

I had a request from a little princess. She wanted a tea party with her friends that included lots of tulle, glitter and of course tiaras!

I didn't want to buy the plastic store bought kind, so I made a felt version. They are super easy to make & in just a few minutes you can create your own.

What you'll need:
Glue gun
Felt squares
Headband
Scissors
Rhinestone crystals

Here we go...
First I made a template by freehand

Using the templates, cut out tiara pieces

Wrap your large felt piece around the headband. Run the glue along the center of the headband and press to hold the felt down. Next match up the two ends of the tiara and add glue to hold it in place. Glue down the rest of the tiara and cut off excess.

Glue down the smaller piece of your crown and add rhinestone crystals. You could leave them blank & let your guests decorate their own special tiara with rhinestones, sequins, ribbon, etc.

She couldn't wait to try on the first finished tiara!

I love how each guest will get her very own and original tiara!

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Great idea and easy to do for a party!

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, but so elegant! I like it very much! When I find some free time, I'll definitely give it a try and let you know how we did it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am stopping by your blog from the Adorned From Above Wednesday Blog Hop. I would very much love it if you would stop by ours as well. We also have a great giveaway running with a winner to be announced in 8 days. Come on by and join up. We will also have a blog hop Friday.

    Blog: www.ashleychapmandesigns.com/blog

    Thanks so much!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple and cute. My little princess would love these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board.

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
  7. My glam-baby loves Tiara's - I'll have to make her a few of these. Thank you for coming by and sharing this on Fluster Buster's Creative Muster Party.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are featured this week on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! I hope you will stop by and grab a Featured Button from the Button Box on the sidebar. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Thanks for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday!
    Jamie @Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. These go in my ideas collection! Thank you for linking it up at http://www.finecraftguild.com/gratitude-party-70/ ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun for little girls! I love it :) Not only is it simple enough for the little ones to make but they would have a hay day using it! I just pinned this! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://www.housewivesofriverton.com/2013/06/riverton-housewives-round-up-69.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely crowns.I will definitely try them for the next princess party that we are going plan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing your sweet post at the Say G'day Saturday linky party!

    This week's link up has just started so I hope you can stop by and say g'day!

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there! Thanks for linking up your cute craft. Stop by again next week and link up another awesome project!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Susie@bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete