Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY Chalkboard Picture Frame

Looking for a unique and homemade Valentine's Day gift?
How about a chalkboard picture frame? Now you can leave love notes for your sweetie all year long!

First you'll need a cute assistant and a wooden picture frame. We picked this one up at Michael's for just $1. I like that it has a large area to write your message!

You'll also need a can of chalkboard spray paint (available at Michael's)

Now get spraying! I applied three coats (allow for drying in between coats)

A few rhinestone added for a sparkling finish touch and that's it!
Quick, easy & your Valentine is sure to love it!

These would also make amazing wedding favors. Attach a piece of chalk with coordinating ribbon and you've got a one-a-kind favor for your guests.

Pin It



6 comments:

  1. This is adorable Brandy! I love chalkboards :)
    I'm visiting from All Things Pretty Link Party. I would be so honored if you would share this at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206.
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, I bought these exact frames at Christmas and they're sitting untouched in my closet! What a great idea! Found you through the Weekend Retreat Link Party today and loved the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! how simple and cute! I love this idea so much. Found you on the craft dictator link up….
    Jessica from www.sparklesandglue.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute!

    Thanks for linking up to Tip Me Tuesday linky party this week. {knuckle bumps}

    Did you know that I can "lend" your blog posts my Google page rank for better search engine traffic? {fabulous}

    If you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room, you'll be in business!

    {wink} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete