Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fight Night Birthday Bash!

I’m always looking for any excuse to throw a party. It just so happens this year the Mayweather vs. Mosley fight was scheduled around the time of my birthday.
Boxing, friends, food - I couldn’t ask for a better evening!

The invite I created for the party. Printed on heavy cardstock, guests were mailed "tickets" to the event.

For appetizers we had chicken tacquitos, chips & salsa bar, bruschetta, strawberries with vanilla dipping sauce, sun dried tomato, pesto & cream cheese dip with crackers and a cheese & black pepper salami platter.

My inspiration for the night was a roll of brown, pink & green polka dot wrapping paper. The actual paper was incorporated throughout the party from the pennant banners to the water bottle labels to wrapped candy bars.

For the water bottles, I wrapped each one with the wrapping paper, then hole punched scalloped circles and butterflies with cardstock. I also bent the wings to give them some dimension.

With the help of my cute little assistant, we made several party pennants to display around the house and incorporated dozens of pink & green paper lanterns.

Instead of a birthday cake, I opted to do a dessert & candy bar. Trying to stay true to the pink & green color theme, we had rainbow lollipops, pixy stiks, pop rocks, appleheads, strawberry wafer straws, cherry ring pops chocolate bars, cupcakes & the most delicious crème brulee served in chocolate cups. To ease some of the sugar rush, there were individual boxes of white cheddar popcorn for guests to munch on.




I created labels and using the same hole punches from the water bottle labels, decorated take-out boxes for the candy bar.


Can you guess what this is? We recently converted our daughters crib, the side railing made for a perfect display for the take-out boxes. As guests left, they just untied one and filled it with their treats!


Now to start planning our next party...





Get your craft on Thurs.
sweetcharli giveaways
sweet Thursday Show and Tell Green
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! giveaways

29 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I'm seriously amazed, that looks like it was a lot of hard work paid off, very cute job!!! Visiting from a linky party.
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an invite to one of your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! i'm your newest follower from follow me fridays....hope you'll follow back!
    flory

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats fantastic, what a great idea.
    Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those invites so so much. esp the part that says "Momma says knock you out" You can really throw a party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The party food looks WONDERFUL! I love the invites and all of your clever ideas! Put me on the guest list please, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool party and pictures!
    Happy Friday follow!
    Following your blog, come follow mine :)
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative and clever you are! Love all the party details and fun ideas. We have graduation parties coming up, so you've got my brain a workin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute party decor, I found you via FMF, come bby to see me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. following from TTFF. you can follow back at http://punkrockmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are the hostess!
    New follower here from Follow Me Friday! Hope you can visit me soon!
    http://mypaintingroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Happy Follow Me Friday! I'm your newest follower! Swing by my blog to say Hi and have a great weekend!

    Bridgette
    Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday to say Hi!

    Stop by. I have several giveaways:
    E-Mealz
    List PlanIt
    EvoraPlus

    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice party! Everything is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wah! Still bummed we missed it! Love love love everything! You ALWAYS know how to throw a party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE all the detail you put into this! It looks like it turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like great fun!
    I hope it was.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, those are some amazing decorations! Makes me want to throw a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i didn't realize that was mini moo's crib! that is soooooo AWESOME!

    such a beautiful party -- glad we were able to celebrate with you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks totally cute and fun! I love it! The crib rail is awesome!: )

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful post! Great pictures! And I love the green & pink color scheme! (My favorite colors!) Thanks for linking for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, everything looks so great! I am such a sucker for a cute party~ Thanks so much for linking up with Sweet Charli!~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all of the great party ideas! The take out boxes are fabulous!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute idea! I am doing a party in less than two weeks with an old-fashioned sweet shop theme and I love the individual popcorn boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute party!! I love all of your ideas! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and get a "featured" button for your blog, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the butterfly with the scalloped punch! i did that for a birthday party too last sept. it was a hit!! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. AmAzInG!!! I love every little detail and the crib - pure genius! What a great party!

    ReplyDelete