I have to share my latest food obsession... grilled artichokes!
I dunno where they have been all my life but OMG! I can't get enough of them. Sprinkle some coarse sea salt & some fresh squeezed lemon. You'll love it ~ Pinky swear!
Flame Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Dipping Sauce
* 2 large artichokes
* 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
* 1 lemon, halved
* ½ teaspoon sea salt
* ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
* ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the artichokes to the boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until the leaves pull off easily. Remove the artichokes & allow to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, squeeze the juice from the half of one lemon. Stir in olive oil, garlic, sea salt, & pepper.
4. Once artichokes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half. Brush them with the lemon garlic mixture to fully coat.
5. Place the artichokes flat side down & grill for 5 minutes until slightly charred. Flip the artichokes & grill for another 3 minutes until the opposite side is also slightly charred.
6. Remove from grill, squeeze the second half of the lemon & sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with the remaining lemon garlic sauce to dip in.