Sunday, September 12, 2010

Toddler Tank Makeover

We recently had the opportunity to participate in an amazing photo shoot (I'll share the image soon!). The only criteria was that we had to wear white. Once I got my little gal dressed in her white tank, I realized it needed some pizazz.
Chiffon flowers to the rescue!

Blank tank = Boring right?

You'll just need a few supplies to pretty it up:
  • Chiffon fabric
  • Beads
  • Scissors
  • Lighter
  • Needle
  • Thread
Cut chiffon circles in various sizes and singe the edges with the lighter. It'll prevent fraying & curl the edges.

Next sew the chiffon circles & add the beads.

These cuties aren't just for tank tops. Add them to a hair clip or headband, glue them onto a plain pair of ballet shoes or attach one to a pin back and wear it on your favorite fall cardigan!

In less than 10 minutes, this is the transformed tank!


Now go try making some of the flowers. I promise it's so easy, you'll be hooked!

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm linking to these fabulous blog parties!

16 comments:

  1. Love this transformation! Where did you get the chiffon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. new to your blog... wow, what a treat! Loved looking through your old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cute this is and your model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you truly made miracles to that tank top! Wonderful flowers, beautiful pictures and super sweet model <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just way precious!! So simple and dainty! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my link party each Friday! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous! Very simple and sweet.

    Just popping over from Its so Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty,makes me wish my 21 year old girl was a little baby again lol.
    I stopped by from It’s so very Cheri. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That simple plain white tank looks completely gorgeous with a few of those darling flowers!! Great job:)
    Visiting from its so very cheri
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just beautiful!! Seriously!!!


    I'm visiting from It's so Very Cheri! :)

    *takes off to hunt for plain boring shirts to do this to!*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute! Turned out great!
    You should come link this up at my Making It With Allie Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Those flowers are precious. I thought I was crafty making flowers for headbands, but I never thought about adding them to a shirt! This is definitely going on my project list!

    http://etsyljwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I am certainly inspired! This is awesome! I would be so happy if you would link this up to Crazy Cute Thursdays over at Between U & Me! I know everyone over there would love this as much as I do! I'm also your newest follower! ;)

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Thanks so much for coming over! See you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing, my daughter isn't a toddler, but she will appreciate the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi- found you on The Shabby Nest. This is SO adorable and looks so easy. I was just in Old Navy the other day and loved all of their flowery tanks and cardigans. Yours is so cute with the beads, too. Gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete