Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Barbie Sock Dress Tutorial

In our house Barbie changes her wardrobe multiple times a day.
On. Off. On. Off.
My daughter has decided that
"Barbie is a fashionista & needs more clothes mommy!"
Good grief!

And since our dryer miraculously eat socks (yours too?) - Here's a fabulous idea to put those single socks to use!

Here's what you will need:
Clean child's sock
Scissors
Glue
Embellishments (ribbon, buttons, bows, etc)

Cut off the toe portion of the sock & give it a try on Barbie.

Remove the sock & fold to create a "hem". Glue down all the way around.

We added some embellishments as accent trim:
Some ribbon for the straps, bottom & empire waist.
A sweet bow adds the finishing touch!

That's it. Easy right?

Took less than 5 minutes and didn't cost a penny.
Snow White Barbie never looked so fabulous!

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. My mommy made my Barbie some clothes too when I was a little girl. They were some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea!
    bye bye taced from
    http://handmadecreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea, thanks! Have a great wednesday <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I made some 'dresses' out of clothes that were out grown. Oh how I miss the 'princess' days. We have moved on to monster high. But, they still need clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY daughter has been wanting me to make some barbie clothes. I love this idea. So simple and cute. Thanks for linking up to the party, so I could be inspired by your ideas:>

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that! and now I know what to do with all of our "orphaned" socks, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I did a Barbie Week on my blog a little while ago!

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am a new follower. I am happy that I found your blog.
    That is cute all my daughters barbies are naked. LOL
    You can visit me any time.
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever and cute too! Happy Friday,Happy Good Friday, Happy Earth Day, Happy Jelly Bean Day ( yes it's actually jelly bean day)Hugs from Katherine. P.S have you entered my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! We have barbies without clothes and socks without mates, so its time to go find the glue gun. My little girl has been asking me to make dolly clothes, but they are so tiny I havent attempted it. This looks like something I can actually do! Thanks for a fabulous idea!

    Stopping by from Friday favorites, new follower :-) Come on by if you have a minute, we do recipes daily @ www.dinnerwiththeshivers.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! :D

    Tnx for linking up at Who Made What? Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute & simple!

    please stop by and say hi.
    www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com
    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a creative idea! Great job!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um.. That's genius! I hope I can remember this years from now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Case in point, all doll's clothes can be easily DIYed!

    Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice. Stop by again this week!

    ReplyDelete