Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Lucky Penny

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year, I wanted my little gal & I to do something different from the normal green candy treats! I was so excited when I stumbled across an adorable 'Lucky Penny' printable from Pumpkin Petunia. In just a few minutes, you can create these cute goodies & spread some cheer!

First you'll need to gather your pennies! I tried to get 2012 coins, but my bank didn't have them readily available. So we busted into our piggy bank & gathered up as many coins as we could. Upon inspection we realized pennies are d-i-r-t-y. Gross! We wanted shiny coins for our project, so we soaked our pennies in ketchup for 5-10 minutes.

After a quick rinse with water, they are brought back to their shiny golden luster. Crazy ~ but it does work!

Next we printed up some of the 'Lucky Penny' printables available HERE. We added a touch of glitter to the shamrocks for some sparkle & attached each coin with a dab of hot glue.

I also hand-stamped a few pennies to send to friends & family!
Everyone can always use an extra little bit of luck right?

All ready to be passed out to her classmates!

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
~Author Unknown


Pin It