Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chalkboard Easter Eggs

This year I wanted to do something different with Easter eggs. Since my little girl likes to draw, I thought chalkboard eggs would be fun to try!

All you'll need is eggs, a bowl, chalkboard spray paint & of course chalk! I bought the paint at Michael's.

First you'll want to empty & clean out the eggs. Tap a small hole on one end & a pin sized hole at the other end. Now place a bowl under you and put your lips up to the egg. You'll want to blow through the pin size hole. All the egg guts will empty out the other end into the bowl.

Fill the egg with some hot water & give it a good shake. Empty out the water & repeat a few times.

Place a skewer in the larger hole & start spray painting! I did two layers of paint & allowed the eggs to dry overnight before drawing on them.

A cute idea for love messages!

For our Easter brunch, I plan to put one egg at each place setting with the guests name & a piece of chalk adorned with a pretty ribbon for them to doodle!

The chalk easily wipes off, so the eggs can be used over & over again!

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the idea of having them on your Easter table with chalk and pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you were going to paint it, its so small! Spray can always delivers doesnt it :D Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great idea! Found you through a linky party on DIY:homesweethome!

    Please take a look at what I have featured today!

    http://bluejayloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to blow the inside out of an egg when I was a little girl... I had a MONSTER headache right afterwards. I don't think I'll ever forget that. lol. Such a cute idea, though. I might have to give it a try again. I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is FUN FUN FUN! Thank you for sharing this in our Crafty Showcase! We love that you share with us. Your projects are inspiring!

    I'm going to feature you this week in an Easter round up!

    Susie @Bowdabra / SusieQTpies Cafe

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/16/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-5/

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun and creative! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up to my party! I wanted to let you know I picked your link to feature this week! See my post and grab my feature button here http://handmadecuddles.com/2013/03/create-and-inspire-60-picks.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love this and you are being featured today!!! lol

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/18/7-eggcellent-easter-crafts-and-easter-recipes/#

    Congrats! Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun idea! I bet my daughter would love to draw on the eggs too. I'm featuring this tomorrow night and pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smiles.. Well done. Thank you for linking it up with us. A new party opens again later today. I hope to see you there again. Stay in touch! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool!! This is a great idea. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete